What we cover:
- The four main diagnoses of disordered eating, and what you need to know about working with each of them;
- The common personality traits for clients with disordered eating and how best to support them with this in mind;
- What the true drivers and triggers of emotional eating are and how to break them for clients;
- Why willpower has nothing to do with dieting or not bingeing - it it not them, it is their brain!
- How specific CBT tools can quickly and effectively reduce episodes for clients, taking them out of crisis around their eating;
- How mindfulness and self-compassion can unlock permanent change for clients.
Binge Eating Disorder is not a food or weight issue, it is a mental and emotional health issue. Binge Eating Disorder has been classified as an Eating Disorder since 2013 (DSM V), and many governing organisations classify Eating Disorders as a specialist area requiring specialist training .
Clients need this specialist support to effectively separate their food from their feelings, and re-learn how to healthily manage both. Evidence based interventions of CBT, Neuroscience, Nutritional Rehabilitation and Mindful Self-Compassion are interwoven in our program to truly support clients in finding true freedom around food and their feelings, forever.